Abeledo Gottheil offers legal advice and represents national and international companies subject to specific regulatory frameworks (such as, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food and beverages, insurance companies, car manufacturers, among others), taking part in their processes with the enforcement authorities both, national, provincial and municipal.
The Firm is also an expert in the required legal advice in objections to and filing of administrative appeals before public entities, appeals and litigations pending before Courts, precautionary measures, as well as actions on grounds of.
The experience of the Firm includes also advice in complex bidding processes, of obtention of permits or concessions, projects of public-private partnerships (PPP), infrastructure projects, administrative contracts, public works, among others.
Our practice has been highlighted by Best Lawyers several times.
As regards litigation matters, our Firm has given advice and represented international clients successfully in several leading cases and controversies of public significance, such as:
- Investment Arbitration before the ICSID, in the case captioned “Compañía de Aguas del Aconquija S.A. and Vivendi Universal S.A. v. Argentine Republic”, referred to the claim for the state termination of the concession of the water service of the Province of Tucumán.
- Investment Arbitration before the ICSID, in the case captioned “Total S.A. v. Argentine Republic”, referred to the claim for the impact of the governmental measures adopted in detriment of the indirect investments made by Total S.A.
- Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation, in the case captioned “Municipality of Junín v. Cadbury Stani Adams Argentina SAIC, Legal proceeding for debt collection”, dated September 27, 2018.
- Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation, in the case captioned “L´Oreal Argentina S.A. v. Municipality of Justo Daract, Administrative Litigation Complaint”, dated December 16, 2014.
- Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation, in the case captioned “Municipality of Mercedes v. Arcor S.A.I.C., Legal proceeding for debt collection”, August 07, 2012.
Regarding our experience on permits, Bids, concessions and privatizations, please see the practice area Bids, Public Concessions and Privatizations.