Our Firm was established by its founding partners in 1963, and it is nowadays one of the leading full-service firms of Argentina.
Our legal practice covers all the branches of business Law, with great experience in international processes and transactions.
Our clients include the most important local and foreign industries and companies.
With more than 60 lawyers, 40 paralegals and back-up staff, Abeledo Gottheil Abogados is also one of the greatest firms in Argentina and it is continuing to grow keeping however the Firm’s tradition in the professional practice by its members, of cost effectively rendering legal services to its clients at the highest levels of excellence.
The members of our team, either partners or associates, have completed masters, LLM and specializations, both in Argentina and abroad, or have worked in American Firms, and they participate actively as well, in several local and international professional associations, just like the International Bar Association, International Chamber of Commerce, International Fiscal Association, Association of International Petroleum Negotiators, International Trademark Association, among many others.
Our practice has been acknowledged by clients and colleagues, and our Firm is recommended as one of the leading firms in Argentina by Latin Lawyer 250, and placing it among the five most chosen law firms in Argentina by the biggest companies in Latin America.
Likewise, our team has been distinguished also in different international publications, such as The Legal 500, Leaders League, Latin American Corporate Counsel Association Approved, Chambers and Partners, Who’s Who legal, among others.
- We are a Law Firm of professionals whose aim is to provide excellent legal services to our clients, helping them to reach their goals.
- We practice our profession as a Firm, working in a collaboratively manner and not individually.
- We work proactively and focusing on innovation to exceed always the expectations of our clients.
- We earn and maintain the respect of our clients, colleagues and the legal community in general, enhancing our self-respect by providing our clients the best professional service of the market.
- We are and intend to continue being one of the best law firms of Argentina.
- We act with integrity, ethically and taking special care of confidentiality with the client.
- As lawyers, each of us undertakes to excel in our individual area of expertise, providing to our clients the full benefit of our knowledge, ability and effort.
- We are aware that our continued success requires our investment in human and technical resources.
- We commit to the investment of time, energy and money as an integral part of our practice so that the quality of our organization can be continually improved.
- Each of us is aware of our obligations towards the other members of the Firm and our mutual responsibility for the implementation of this commitment.
- We favor the inclusion and diversity within our organization and among our lawyers and staff, promoting equality at work.
International Connections & Memberships
Our Firm is active in the following associations:
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) -Argentine Section
- ICLA – International Commercial Law Alliance
- IDEA – Instituto para el Desarrollo Empresarial de la Argentina
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- Instituto del Petróleo y Gas
- Asociación Argentina de Estudios Ficales
- Asociación Argentina de Propiedad Intelectual
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- Cámara de Comercio e Industria Franco-Argentina
- AmCham Argentina – Cámara de Comercio de los Estados Unidos en la República Argentina
- Cámara Española de Comercio República Argentina
- Cámara de Sociedades Anónimas
- Centro Empresarial de Mediación y Arbitraje (CEMA)
- Club del Petróleo
- Club Abogados de Empresa
- Colegio de Abogados de Capital Federal
- Colegio de Abogados de La Plata
- Colegio de Abogados de San Isidro
- Comité Abogados de Banco
- Comité Abogados de Empresa
- Jockey Club
Abeledo Gottheil Abogados was founded in 1963, as a consequence of an early 60’s industry and business expansion trend in Argentina.
The wide range of skills of its founding members, acquired in graduate studies and teaching activity in USA’s schools of law was put to work for the legal advice of companies, in close relationship with consultants and important international auditors’ firms. Then, the Firm was expanded until covering every legal area related to business, industrial and financial activities in Argentina.
Hence, Abeledo Gottheil Abogados grew to circa 60 lawyers and 40 paralegals and back-up staff, roughly, to time and cost-effectively provide innovative legal services, in line with the best practices of international law firms. More than 60 years after its foundation, Abeledo Gottheil Abogados is a solid widely-renowned Firm that continues devoted to the provision of legal advice to its clients at the highest level of excellence.