Abeledo Gottheil represents and offers legal advice to multinational and locales companies to defend the collection of their claims in receivership or bankruptcy proceedings of its debtors. Within this framework, the actions for recovery have been filed and the restitution of properties of the creditors that had been assigned to the debtors without the intention of transferring to them the ownership thereof have been obtained also.
The Firm has offered legal advice in addition to investors in the purchase of assets of bankrupt companies or those undergoing receivership proceedings, in the acquisition of companies in the cram down period, and it has represented as well the creditors of bankrupts in the enforcement of guarantees of owed credits in bankruptcy extension actions and equity restructuring actions.
Abeledo Gottheil has offered advice also to local and multinational companies in the restructuring of their liabilities, representing them in crisis situations and acting in out-of-court processes for debt refinancing, liquidation processes and in the receivership proceedings of creditors.
As regards receivership proceedings, the Firm has proven experience in all the stages of the process, i.e. in the petition for receivership proceedings and its opening, the stage of proof of claims and the objection thereof, as well as in the negotiation of the scheme of arrangement.
The members of our team have completed specialization curses on the issue, LLM and graduate programs both, locally and abroad, and they are considered experts also in Litigations and Resolution of Disputes by the international publications Chambers and Partners, Who’s who legal, The Legal 500, Latin Lawyer 250, among others.
- Advice and representation of the investor that acquired Compañía General de Combustibles S.A., Southern Cross Group.
- Advice and representation of the auto parts company Pilar Partes S.A. (formerly called “ZF Argentina S.A.”, an Argentine subsidiary of an important multinational company) in its receivership proceedings, by restructuring its liabilities for an amount of U$S 40 millions roughly and the termination of the production process staff.
- Advice and representation of the company C&A Moda (nowadays “Adelaar S.A.”) in its bankruptcy and liquidation process.
- Advice in the receivership proceedings of América TV S.A.
- Advice and representation of investors in processes of M&A in the acquisition of companies undergoing receivership proceedings.
- Advice and representation of the investor that acquired the Trawler Vessel “Kaleu Kaleu”.
- Advice and representation of the investor that acquired Pescargen Group, in the acquisition of assets of the companies undergoing receivership proceedings.
- Advice and representation of the textile company Beltis S.A. in its receivership proceedings.
- Advice and representation of the private security company Protectio S.R.L. in its receivership proceedings.
- Advice and representation of the textile company Masis S.A. in its receivership proceedings.
- Advice and representation in the proof and protection of claims of creditors in receivership and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advice and representation in the termination of supply contracts and recovery of assets loaned for use by creditors in receivership and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advice and representation in the termination and/or continuation of contracts with pending mutual obligations in receivership and bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advice and representation of holders of bonds in out-of-court restructurings, out-of-court scheme of arrangements or debt swap agreements.
- Advice to national and international companies undergoing crisis situations, with respect to the extents and effects of different receivership proceedings solutions such as the petition of receivership and bankruptcy proceedings, the application for the judicial approval of Out-of-Court Schemes of Arrangements (A.P.E.).
- Representation and counsel Support in corporate liability actions in bankruptcy proceedings, equity restructuring actions and in bankruptcy extension actions interlocutory proceedings.