Abeledo Gottheil has vast experience in the advice to national or foreign clients, both in the business aspects and contractual administration and judicial representation in conflicts derived from contracts and bids of major works and buildings.
The Firm has participated in the legal structuring of real estate and relevant building projects, related to nuclear power plants, mining exploitations, electric power plants, oil refineries, plants of automotive terminals, supermarkets, laying of fiber optic cables and building of establishments for several industries; among others.
As a result of the nature of the matter and size of the projects involved in this type of undertakings, the Firm gives integral advice to its clients, not only in connection with the structure and most advisable contractual provisions and the risks associated thereto, but also regarding the applicable regulatory frameworks, tax scenarios at stake, labor/social security, environmental requirements regulations, etc.
The members of our team have vast experience on the issue, and have taken courses both within the national scope and in foreign universities at the LLM level.
- Legal advice to Faurecia in the implementation of bids and contracts for the building of their industrial plants located in the localities of Lanús, Quilmes, Malvinas Argentinas and Escobar (Province of Buenos Aires) and City of Córdoba (Province of Córdoba).
- Legal advice to Yamaha Motor Argentina in the implementation of bids and contracts for the building of its industrial plant located in the locality of General Rodriguez (Province of Buenos Aires).
- Legal advice to Fluor Argentina regarding all the works and services of civil work with Minera Alumbrera Limited and Bajo de la Alumbrera mine, one of the major mining projects of Argentina.
- Legal advice to Fluor Argentina for the conflicto on civil work in Bajo de la Alumbrera project.
- Legal advice to Fluor Argentina regarding the building of the facilities for Barrick Gold Pascua Lama project, first binational undertaking (Argentine-Chilean border).
- Legal advice to Black and Veatch International regarding the negotiation and execution of and EPC contract with Capex S.A., for the conversion into combined cycle of an electric power plant of 700 MW at the wellhead, in the province of Neuquén.
- Legal advice to and representation of Black and Veatch International in the judicial proceeding against SADE Skanska, for mutual credits and debts derived from Joint Ventures for the building of electric power plants under EPC contracts under turnkey conditions, for different principals
- Legal advice to Toyota Argentina in connection with the BOM contract (Building, operation and maintenance) of transmission facilities that extend the electric link between the production plant and the Argentine Interconnection System.
- Legal advice to NASA (Nucleoeléctrica Argentina Sociedad Anónima) for the building of a nuclear power plant by a Chinese contractor, partially using Canadian technology (CANDU type).
- Legal advice to Fluor Argentina on the building contract with Axion, for the renewal and revamping of a refinery in the City of Campana.
- Legal advice to Fluor Argentina on a building contract with Volkswagen on a plant in Santa Fe.
- Legal advice to the Salvation Army on building contracts to remodel and improve its facilities.
- Legal advice to Xerium on building contract, availability and lease (build to suit) of plant facilities in industrial park.
- Legal advice to Faurecia on building contract, availability and lease (build to suit) of plant facilities in industrial park.
- Legal advice to Albano Construcciones on building contract negotiation, availability and lease (build to suit) of plant facilities with Volkswagen.
- Legal advice to Fluor Argentina for the negotiation of FEED contracts (Front Ending Engineering and Design – Prefeasibility and basic engineering) and EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) with YPF regarding improvement and extension of its most important refineries in Argentina.