Abeledo Gottheil has developed an intense activity related to the telecommunications industry, television and other communication media.
The members of our team have taken specialized courses on the subject, LLM and graduate programs both, locale and foreign. In turn, Abeledo Gottheil’s practice in Sport & Entertainment has been recognized by Latin Lawyer 250.
- Advice to the Asociación de Fútbol Argentino (Argentine Football Association) in the organization of sport events and the commercialization of television broadcasting rights, advertising, and connected matters.
- Legal counsels to Ibope for the acquisition of Mercados y Tendencias, IPSA and Control Publicitario becoming Ibope the most important company in broadcasting audience control in Argentina.
- Advice to América TV S.A. regarding legal proceedngs claiming damages derived from the spreading of information and audiovisual contents.
- Advice and administrative representation and before the enforcement authority as regards all matters related to the regime of: i) concession of broadcast licenses and extensions; ii) maintenance of the same license in spite of the receivership proceedings undergone by the company; iii) infringements, filing the relevant remedies with respect to the accusations made by the enforcement authorities.
- Advice to Torneos y Competencias S.A., an open TV and Cable sports media producer, in the negotiation and drafting of several contracts, among which we highlight the contracts with the Argentine Football Association and with open TV channels for the exclusive broadcasting of local professional football matches; Contracts with football teams (Club Atlético River Plate, Club Atlético Boca Juniors, among others) for the organization of shows and professional football summer tournaments.
- Advice Torneos y Competencias S.A. in the defense of administrative proceedings both, before the broadcasting enforcement authorities and the Antitrust Commission.
- Advice to Torneos y Competencias S.A., in lawsuits claiming damages derived from the spreading of information and audiovisual contents. Our experience includes its representation in lawsuits of third parties with complaints for alleged damages as a consequence of the broadcasting of news in written mass media (El Gráfico and Golf Digest), radio (La Red AM 910) and TV during the broadcasting of football games organized by the Argentine Football Association, by the South American Football Confederation and by the International Federation Associated Football, and legal advice and representation in different commercial, civil and labor lawsuits.
- Legal counsel to TyC in connection with the issuance of bonds in Argentina under regulation 144 A, for a total amount of U$S 100 millions.
- Advice to Latin America Satellite Entertainment (LASER) LLC in the acquisition of the first direct to home Argentine television system (DTH), and further authorization process before the broadcasting authorities (COMFER).
- Advice to Solomon Broadcasting International in the transaction for the acquisition of Imagen Satelital, a major multi-channel programming company, and in the arbitration process conducted between the parties.