Abeledo Gottheil offers legal advice to different clients in aspects related to maritime law and fisheries.
The Firm has proven experience in the advice to international and local companies, offering integral assistance in maritime law and fisheries issues, such as vessels purchase agreements, mortgages, leases, claims, lawsuits derived from salvages and insurance; as well as on administrative infringements, attachments and interdictions.
In turn, Abeledo Gottheil has given advice to different international fisheries on regulatory issues, exercising the defense thereof in administrative files and judicial processes.
- Advice and representation of Korean and Spanish fisheries in administrative proceedings before the Secretariat of Fishery of the Nation related to their fishing operations in territorial waters of Argentina.
- Legal advice to Grupo Profand in the transaction for the acquisition of Pesquera Deseado S.A.and Naomar SA and integral advice to said companies on contracts, litigation and regulatory aspects.
- Legal advice to Panapesca, important Italian company of the fishing sector, and to its Argentine subsidiaries in a litigation to enforce the formal transfer of a fishing vessel and the fishing National and Provincial permits acquired, including the successful obtention of precautionary measures for the permanent exploitation of the fishing business during the judicial process.
- Legal advice in the acquisition proposed by the subsidiaries of Panapesca de Argentina of an important Spanish fishing company and on the conflicts emerging as a consequence of the lack of conclusion by the Seller of the transaction.
- Legal advice in the financed acquisition of fishing vessels and schemes of guarantees, intervening both, for credit entities and fishing companies.